Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
us1711 us1711 is offline

Default How do i automatically space two times after a punctuation mark?

Hello all,

I frequently type reports that need to have two spaces after a period and
colon. How do I automatically set up my Microsoft Word 2007 to accomplish
this? Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Pressing the space bar twice is as automatic is you are going to get.
The alternative is to use replace later.
You can setup the grammar checker to highlight required spacing, but it will
not fix them automatically.
Frankly double spacing is a practice hangover from when people used
monospaced fonts on a typewriter. A Word processor is not a typewriter and
will normally use proportionally spaced fonts thus the double spacing is
largely irrelevant.

us1711 wrote:
Hello all,

I frequently type reports that need to have two spaces after a period
and colon. How do I automatically set up my Microsoft Word 2007 to
accomplish this? Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 03:44:08 -0700, us1711
wrote:

Hello all,

I frequently type reports that need to have two spaces after a period and
colon. How do I automatically set up my Microsoft Word 2007 to accomplish
this? Thanks,

I think two spaces after a full stop is strongly discouraged with
proportional-space fonts.

Use of a monospace font for other than specific situations is also
strongly discouraged. ;-)