Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default How can I remove all "Bold" commands from a document?

I hate to post what I'm afraid is a very basic question indeed, but for some
reason I can't find the answer.

How do I strip out all "bold" commands from a document but leave the text
unchanged?

My experiments with Find and Replace have so far always affected the text,
usually by removing some emboldened words altogether.

I'm using MS Word 2000. Many thanks in advance for any assistance or
pointers to the information.

Bert Coules

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With the replace function and the cursor in the EMPTY find box type CTRL+B
under the box you will see 'font bold'
With the cursor in the EMPTY replace with box type CTRL+B CTRL+B which will
add 'font not bold' under the box.
Replace all.

Bert Coules wrote:
I hate to post what I'm afraid is a very basic question indeed, but
for some reason I can't find the answer.

How do I strip out all "bold" commands from a document but leave the
text unchanged?

My experiments with Find and Replace have so far always affected the
text, usually by removing some emboldened words altogether.

I'm using MS Word 2000. Many thanks in advance for any assistance or
pointers to the information.

Bert Coules

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Open the Find/Replace dialog and click on the MORE button. Click in the Find
box and then select FormatFont (at the bottom of the dialog) and check BOLD
under Font Style. Click in the Replace box and again select Format, Font and
select Regular under Font Style.

Written under the Find box it should now say "Font: Bold" and under Replace
it should say "Font: Not Bold, Not Italic".

Click ReplaceAll. It should now quickly zip through the document remove the
bold attribute.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
I hate to post what I'm afraid is a very basic question indeed, but for
some reason I can't find the answer.

How do I strip out all "bold" commands from a document but leave the text
unchanged?

My experiments with Find and Replace have so far always affected the text,
usually by removing some emboldened words altogether.

I'm using MS Word 2000. Many thanks in advance for any assistance or
pointers to the information.

Bert Coules

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Many thanks Graham and Terry. It's clear that where I was going wrong was
in not putting anything in the Replace box. Logically, I thought I could
just replace "Bold" with nothing and get the result I wanted, but logic - or
at least my version of it - obviously doesn't apply in this case.

Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Terry Farrell wrote:

No Word doesn't do logic!

I think I'll print that off and stick it to my monitor. It'll make me feel
better when I can't get things to work the way I think they should...

Thanks again to everyone for the help. I've now run up against another
this-should-be-simple problem: if I can't solve it myself, I'll post it here
under a new heading.

Bert