Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oldstudent oldstudent is offline

Default Word Documents

Can someone tell me how or why when I submit my papers from Word 2007 to my
instructor he states he is receiving them as word docx and that I need to
submit as Word Document. How do I fix that?
--
OST
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Your instructor has Word prior to the current version. You can use SaveAs
and select Word 97 - 2003 *.doc format instead of the default Word 2007
*.docx format. You can also go to Word Options and change the default of
Word to Compatibility mode where all features of Office 2007 are ignored and
files are saved in the old format.

Alternatively, you could surprise your Instructor by letting him know that
he can download the FREE Office 2007 Compatibility Pack from the Microsoft
Office Support site which will not only let him open and edit Office 2007
files types, but will also provide him with all the new 'C' fonts.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"oldstudent" wrote in message
Can someone tell me how or why when I submit my papers from Word 2007 to
my
instructor he states he is receiving them as word docx and that I need to
submit as Word Document. How do I fix that?
--
OST

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mark Mark is offline

Terry,
I hope you can help me. I have 2007 Home and Student with Word and Mail. I
am desperately trying to get Word to allow me to "send to" email. I have
installed the patch. I now have 3 "greyed out" email options. How to I
activate them?
THANK YOU for your help.
Mark