Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rick Wolfe Rick Wolfe is offline

Default form text box

In Word 93 there used to be an Insert text for forms as well as an Insert check box. I am now using Word 97 with Vista and I can't find these commands. When I click the insert field area it doesn't seem to have just test as an offering. Where can I find these commands?

--
Rick Wolfe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

I havent used Word 97 in 7 years, but if I recall correctly, the Forms
toolbar has a button whose icon is ab| That is the text box control

"Rick Wolfe" wrote:

In Word 93 there used to be an Insert text for forms as well as an Insert
check box. I am now using Word 97 with Vista and I can't find these
commands. When I click the insert field area it doesn't seem to have just
test as an offering. Where can I find these commands?

--
Rick Wolfe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Agreed. And in Word 2007, after going to Office button Word Options and
enabling display of the Developer tab of the ribbon, you'll find the form
fields in the dropdown from the Legacy Tools button in the Controls group.
(That should be the fourth button in the second row.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"PA" wrote in message
I havent used Word 97 in 7 years, but if I recall correctly, the
Forms toolbar has a button whose icon is ab| That is the text
box control "Rick Wolfe" wrote:

In Word 93 there used to be an Insert text for forms as well as an
Insert check box. I am now using Word 97 with Vista and I can't
find these commands. When I click the insert field area it doesn't
seem to have just test as an offering. Where can I find these
commands? --
Rick Wolfe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rick Wolfe Rick Wolfe is offline

Goes to show you how old and mentally challenged I am. Yes it is 2007 Word
and after making the change to show the Developer tab everything is
underbars! Thank you.

--
Rick Wolfe
Malaspina Coach Lines