Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WeeWilly WeeWilly is offline

Default Text Wrap??

I don't know if this is the proper title.. however, what I want to do is to
copy text from a document that is narrow and paste it into a new word
document and have the text move out to the edges of a standard page. In
other words, when I paste the document into my new document, the lines are
only about 4" wide. I'd like them to extend to the standard margins.

How do I do this?

Thanks, Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

"WeeWilly" wrote in message
I don't know if this is the proper title.. however, what I want to do is to
copy text from a document that is narrow and paste it into a new word
document and have the text move out to the edges of a standard page. In
other words, when I paste the document into my new document, the lines are
only about 4" wide. I'd like them to extend to the standard margins.

How do I do this?

Thanks, Bill

Try Paste Special (instead of Paste), assuming there were no hard returns at
the end of the lines. I'm a new user myself, so someone else will have to
explain how to search for and remove hard returns if that is the problem.

MaryL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WeeWilly WeeWilly is offline

Thanks for the reply. When I click on Special Paste.. there are a number of
choices.. the one I tried didn't work out..

"MaryL" wrote:

"WeeWilly" wrote in message
I don't know if this is the proper title.. however, what I want to do is to
copy text from a document that is narrow and paste it into a new word
document and have the text move out to the edges of a standard page. In
other words, when I paste the document into my new document, the lines are
only about 4" wide. I'd like them to extend to the standard margins.

How do I do this?

Thanks, Bill

Try Paste Special (instead of Paste), assuming there were no hard returns at
the end of the lines. I'm a new user myself, so someone else will have to
explain how to search for and remove hard returns if that is the problem.

MaryL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.