Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default Restricting no of pages

Word 2007 - is there any way I can restrict or lock the size of a document
to one page only?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Gordon wrote:
Word 2007 - is there any way I can restrict or lock the size of a
document to one page only?

First, let me ask the purpose of this. Do you just want to prevent the
document from accidentally spilling over to a second page, or are you trying
to force this condition despite the efforts (unwitting or malicious) of
other users to violate your rules? The answer will determine to what lengths
you're willing to go, in order to make Word behave in a way it really
doesn't like.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Gordon wrote:
Word 2007 - is there any way I can restrict or lock the size of a
document to one page only?

First, let me ask the purpose of this. Do you just want to prevent the
document from accidentally spilling over to a second page, or are you
trying to force this condition despite the efforts (unwitting or
malicious) of other users to violate your rules? The answer will determine
to what lengths you're willing to go, in order to make Word behave in a
way it really doesn't like.

I just need to prevent the document spilling over onto a second page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

A simple solution would be to insert a borderless, single-cell table with
the height and width set to Exact sizes. The problem is that Word doesn't
really have pages until you are going to print it. This is why you don't see
pages in Normal View but see them in Print Layout View and Print Preview. It
is also why Word must have a printer driver to work.

You have to be careful with the maximum size of the table because the
'printable' area of a page is also determined by printer drivers and this
may vary enormously from printer to printer.

Also remember that a table MUST be followed by a paragraph mark, so that
needs room at the bottom of the page too. After inserting your table. select
the final paragraph mark and shrink it to 1 point which will use up minimal
page space.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

restricting pages citygirl Page Layout 1 September 4th 08 09:14 PM
Restricting a table within a form DaveF Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 07 10:06 PM
Restricting forms caliburn Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 06 04:40 PM
Restricting to one page sby Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 06 05:12 PM
restricting formatting ebiz63 Microsoft Word Help 0 April 7th 05 12:19 AM