Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Andy Andy is offline

Default List of Figures with captions and page numbers

Hi, 1st i'd like to appologise for asking a question which is similar to
questions posted by others, but i can workout how to do what i specifically
need to do.

I have just finished writing my PhD thesis (all 350 pages of it). I have
about 100 figures. I now need to create a list of figures. I have inseted my
figures and then used Insert - Caption to apply to figure numbers (i.e.
Figure 1.1..etc).

The figures are set out a follows.

Figure 1.1

[JPEG]

Paragraph of text explaining what the figure shows.

I would like the list of figures to look like this:

Figure 1.1 Paragraph of text explaining what the figure shows.........23
Figure 1.2 Paragraph of text explaining what the figure shows.........28
Figure 1.3 Paragraph of text explaining what the figure shows.........30
with a very long explanation
Figure 1.1 Paragraph of text explaining what the figure shows.........34
with a very long explanation

Sorry if that is not clear. But is there any way i can do this? I have
created Figure Heading(above JPEG) and Figure Caption (below JPEG) styles.
Can i use those?

THanks