Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  

Default Ctrl-a, F9 doesn't work to update all fields including TOC

Hi Everyone,

Ctrl-a, F9 doesn't work to update all fields including TOC. I've checked for previous threads and tired the recommendations without success (see list below). The document is only 31 pages so isn't particularly long and is version controlled in Sharepoint. I have other documents where ctrl-a, F9 still works so I believe this to be a problem with the document itself. The problem document is a template from someone else, but I have it checked out with write access.

I have tried the following:
1. Updating the cross-references or TOC individually work
2. Right-mouse on the cross-references does not show any grey'd out items indicating they are not locked fields. Anyway, I have also used ctrl-a, ctrl-shift-F11 to unlock them all just in case
3. I have used F9 to reveal the codes and everything looks fine
4. Switching to print preview and back again does not fully update the TOC eg to list new sections. I have "update fields before printing" selected in Word Options - Display

I've now run out of ideas. Any help most appreciated.

Cheers, TW7