Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DSmith DSmith is offline

Default Word 2007 Mail Merge Problem

I have several certificates that I use in word where I merge data from
Access. It has worked fine until this week and now all I get is a blank
sheet--no certificate. The only way I can see it is in full view. This
happens on all my merged documents. I can go to another computer and using
the same documents everything works fine.

Last week, for the first time I used the compare feature to compare 2
documents. Would this have done something to my word installation?

I also get the security box:
Opening this document will run the following SQL command: . . .

I never use to get this box when I merged from Access to Word.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am completely stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the following Knowledge Base article:

"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

That gives the workaround for the SQL warning. I don't know whether it will
overcome your first issue, but try it for starters/
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"DSmith" wrote in message
I have several certificates that I use in word where I merge data from
Access. It has worked fine until this week and now all I get is a blank
sheet--no certificate. The only way I can see it is in full view. This
happens on all my merged documents. I can go to another computer and using
the same documents everything works fine.

Last week, for the first time I used the compare feature to compare 2
documents. Would this have done something to my word installation?

I also get the security box:
Opening this document will run the following SQL command: . . .

I never use to get this box when I merged from Access to Word.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am completely stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DSmith DSmith is offline

Ok, I haven't tried the work around yet because I discovered something else.
When I merge with the document, I can't see it but I can print it. If I just
open the word document without a merge I still can't see it but I can print
it. Very strange. This happens only with a document that I built using a
word template from years ago.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DSmith DSmith is offline

It turns out I had a corrupt Word registry key which I deleted and solved my
problem.
Delete the Word Data key
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to
modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the
registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information
about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore
the registry in Windows
Printing problems in Word may be caused by a corrupted Word Data key in the
Windows registry. If this is the case, you must delete the Data key. When
you restart Word, Word automatically re-creates the Word Data key.

Important After you delete the Word Data key, some settings in Word are
reset to their default settings.

To delete the Word Data key in the Windows registry, follow these steps: 1.
Quit all Windows programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
4. Locate the following registry key: . Word 2007
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord
. Word 2003
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord

5. Expand the Word subkey, and then click the Data subkey.
6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. On the Registry menu, click Exit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DSmith DSmith is offline

Also here is a link to a good article on fixing Word 2007 problems, it
helped me to delete a corrupt Word data key in the registry:
http://reviews.cnet.com/word-process...sageID=2505911