Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Pablo Suarez Pablo Suarez is offline

Default How to mark a word/text in Word2003 and insert a "bubbled" red comment for it?

I have loaded a doc into Word 2003. Now I want to mark a certain word
and write a comment for the next reader/another user. The comment should be placed on the left border in a
red background colored "Bubble" and point to the just marked word/text.

How do I insert such a "bubbled" comment?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To show the so-called balloons in Word 2003, do the following: On the Tools
menu, click Options. Click the Track Changes tab. Make sure that "Use
balloons (Print and Web Layout)" is *not* set to "Never."

I don't remember if Word 2003 allowed you to choose whether the balloons
should be on the left or right of the page, but if it did, that option
should also be on the Track Changes tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pablo Suarez" wrote in message
I have loaded a doc into Word 2003. Now I want to mark a certain word
and write a comment for the next reader/another user. The comment should
be placed on the left border in a
red background colored "Bubble" and point to the just marked word/text.

How do I insert such a "bubbled" comment?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers

I must be going crazy. I distinctly recall writing a detailed reply to this
question yesterday (saying pretty much what you did--and yes, Word 2003 lets
you choose Left or Right). I also mentioned that the color for Comments
would have to be set to red. Not only does that reply not show up here, but
it is not in my Sent Items, either. Very weird.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
To show the so-called balloons in Word 2003, do the following: On the
Tools menu, click Options. Click the Track Changes tab. Make sure that
"Use balloons (Print and Web Layout)" is *not* set to "Never."

I don't remember if Word 2003 allowed you to choose whether the balloons
should be on the left or right of the page, but if it did, that option
should also be on the Track Changes tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pablo Suarez" wrote in message
I have loaded a doc into Word 2003. Now I want to mark a certain word
and write a comment for the next reader/another user. The comment should
be placed on the left border in a
red background colored "Bubble" and point to the just marked word/text.

How do I insert such a "bubbled" comment?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I believe your reply is in the microsoft.public.office.misc thread.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ah, there must have been a Follow-up set. I don't subscribe to that NG. Odd,
though, that I didn't see it in my Sent Items folder (until now when I sort
by recipient and look for that NG).