Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007 [Office Student Ed.]

Hi,

I'm a union steward, and I'm trying to update our grievance form.

I scanned a copy, and used PDF 5 to open it into Word.

The scanned copy contains lots of garbage, but I don't know why.

What I'd like to do is keep the header with our blue seal on the top left,
and in the middle LIUNA AFL-CIO. Underneath this our newly elected local
president's title, and name. I'd like to add our Branch President's title &
his name underneath this. It isn't there now.

Additionally, I want to add numerous retangular boxes which is there for
recording name, date, facts, etc. Then I need to add straight lines across
in the body of the form to explain what happened. These are already in my
scanned copy but they're printed in garbage.

Lastly, I want to create a form that can be put in our computer and filled
out, and then print the completed copy.

Can anyone help me?

Thank You. Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I suggest starting off from scratch creating a new form. It will be far
easier than trying to sort out the mess, especially as you expect to use it
long-term.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

&
his name underneath this. It isn't there now.

Additionally, I want to add numerous retangular boxes which is there for
recording name, date, facts, etc. Then I need to add straight lines
across
in the body of the form to explain what happened. These are already in my
scanned copy but they're printed in garbage.

Lastly, I want to create a form that can be put in our computer and filled
out, and then print the completed copy.

Can anyone help me?

Thank You. Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dennis Dennis is offline

Hi Terry,

Thank You for the info.

I scanned a blank page. I then scanned the union logo, which I want to be
able to place in the blank page. However, when I try to print it, it appears
as either 300x300 dpi, or 600x600 dpi. How do I get it to be 100x100 dpi?
I'm running Vista, and I have it stored in Windows Photo Gallery. I have HP
Photosmart which I also have the blank page stored in.

Just to let you know, I know nothing about Word or how it works.

If your able to help me thru this whole process, I'd be more than happy to
reimburse you for your time and expertise.

Thank You. Dennis

"Dennis" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Why in the world would you scan a blank page? You start in Word with a blank
page. Scan the logo and save it in some suitable graphic format at the
desired resolution. Then use Insert | Illustrations | Picture to insert the
logo in your document header. For tips on setting up the rest of the
letterhead, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Create the form in the body of the document using tables with selectively
applied borders. For more on tables and borders, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Borders.htm. For more on creating
fillable forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"Dennis" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dennis Dennis is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thank You for your reply.

I scanned our union logo, but it comes up as either 300x300 dpi, or as
600x600 dpi. I want it to come up as 100 dpi.

In answer to your question why would I scan a blank page, I never used Word
before.

I log onto your link, and links.

I'll let you know how I do.

Thank You again. Dennis

"Dennis" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

My recommendation is to download the free IrfanView graphics utility. This
little gem will work with over 100 graphic formats, lets you resize and set
resolution, converts between formats plus it works with nearly all scanners.
It is also has a very small footprint.

You can use it to scan your logo and then set its (physical) size and
resolution as required.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP