Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SHABORNaf SHABORNaf is offline

Default internet faxing;

Do you have to pay a seperate price from microsoft office to do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Internet faxing requires a service provider. You can fax from your computer
if you still have a dialup modem (and either PSTN or ISDN phone connection).
But the basics of Internet faxing is that you email a 'fax' to the service
provider (usually as a tiff file) who then delivers it to the destination
fax machine. I don't believe that Microsoft provides such a service but if
you search Google, you'll find plenty of hits for service providers.

For a full explanation of Internet Fax, see this article at Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_fax

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"SHABORNaf" wrote in message
Do you have to pay a seperate price from microsoft office to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I've no idea. The only Road Runner I am familiar with is a cartoon
character. But if Road Runner is an Internet Fax provider, then you should
probably email your fax to them. But I suggest that you ask them because
they are the service provider.

Terry

"SHABORNaf" wrote in message
Do you have to pay a seperate price from microsoft office to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Since RoadRunner is your ISP, you need to ask them whether this is a service
they offer. Office is a collection of programs, not a fax service. Generally
you need a telephone line to fax something from your home. There are some
online companies that offer that service but I have no experience with any
of them.

If this is a one-time deal, I'd suggest printing the document out and taking
it to your local printer. Most offer faxing services. If this is going to be
something you do often, you may want to consider getting an all-in-one
printer/fax/copier and hook it up into your phone line.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Faxing sandy Mailmerge 2 May 3rd 08 12:16 PM
Faxing via word jjacob Microsoft Word Help 0 February 27th 08 02:47 PM
faxing JT Mailmerge 1 March 29th 07 06:47 AM
Faxing coconutt Mailmerge 5 December 31st 04 07:16 AM
faxing to another country David Fox Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 06:57 AM