Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
A[_2_] A[_2_] is offline

Default numbered lists problem

I have Word 2007.

In creating numbered lists, I click the Numbering icon on the menu. Numbers
1 through 9 automatically puts maybe two spaces between the number and the
start of the text I type.

When it reaches 10 and beyond, the space between the number and the text has
more than tripled for some reason. In other words, like this:

9. Sentence starts here.
10. Sentence starts here.

What's going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: A,

9. Sentence starts here.
10. Sentence starts here.

It looks like you have two tabstops set. The lines with only one digit catch
the first tabstop, but there is not enough room for a two digit number
followed by a period, and so that line moves to the next tabstop.

Check your horozontal ruler. If it is not on, goto: View Ruler.
A left tabstop look L-like.
Place the tip of your mouse pointer right under the tabstop and hold a
left-click. You should see a dotted line down the page marking that tabstop
location. Letgo of the left-click and move your mouse to the next tabstop and
do the same thing.

Or check your tabs menu at: Format Tabs

If this is the problem, the way to correct the problem is to increase the
length of the first tabstop.

Steven Craig Miller

Numbered Lists Marsh New Users 1 January 8th 08 06:39 PM
Numbered lists Candy Microsoft Word Help 1 June 4th 07 04:01 PM
Numbered Lists Rod Plastow Page Layout 5 September 27th 06 04:54 PM
Lines in numbered lists - still having problem Slow Learner Page Layout 1 November 17th 05 12:31 AM
Numbered Lists Anna Summers Microsoft Word Help 9 July 4th 05 06:06 AM