V-ger

Default MVP training

For my job, I need to know Word inside and out. Where can I get the level of
training that MS Word MVPs get? I know Word pretty well, but I need to know
so much more! Please help. Thank you.
Charles Kenyon

They each got their training in different ways. Take a look at the MVP FAQ
and the page about MVPs for background. You could start by reading that web
site, a bit at a time. Take a look at the intermediate tutorial on my site.
Then read the questions and answeres posted on these newsgroups. Try out
suggestions that are made on your own system.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"V-ger" wrote in message
For my job, I need to know Word inside and out. Where can I get the level
of
training that MS Word MVPs get? I know Word pretty well, but I need to
know
so much more! Please help. Thank you.

Greg Maxey

This MVP has had zero formal training. I have learned what little I know by
bending Word to my will when I can and by participating in the Word
newsgroups.

The MVP FAQ site (read them all twice) is a good foundation :-)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/index.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

V-ger wrote:
For my job, I need to know Word inside and out. Where can I get the
level of training that MS Word MVPs get? I know Word pretty well,
but I need to know so much more! Please help. Thank you.

I'll add to what the others have said. I'm a former Latin teacher and
current freelance editor who has never taken any kind of computer or Word
course. I've been using Word daily since 1992, but I've gotten most of my
education by participating in these NGs since 1998.

"V-ger" wrote in message
For my job, I need to know Word inside and out. Where can I get the level

of
training that MS Word MVPs get? I know Word pretty well, but I need to

know
so much more! Please help. Thank you.

V-ger

Susanne,

Thank you for sharing. You have been a help to me before and it was good
hearing from you. Take care.

"V-ger" wrote in message
For my job, I need to know Word inside and out. Where can I get the level

of
training that MS Word MVPs get? I know Word pretty well, but I need to

know
so much more! Please help. Thank you.

Thank you for your feedback. I'll reiterate what the others have said, too:
read the articles at word.mvps.org (twice, as someone said). But the main
thing that helps is to stay curious!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'll add to what the others have said. I'm a former Latin teacher and
current freelance editor who has never taken any kind of computer or

Word
course. I've been using Word daily since 1992, but I've gotten most of

my
education by participating in these NGs since 1998.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.