Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PhredBear PhredBear is offline

Default create new doc from template

This is only a very small niggle but I use Word mostly from my own templates
and when I fire-up Word, it starts off with a new, blank doc. When I open a
new doc from my templates, it opens as a second page and I do the business.
When I have finished, I save/close the doc I have been working on and I am
left with the original blank doc which I then have to close before I can
exit.

Is there a simple way to set a property so that it only opens the template
doc or zaps the blank doc when a new template doc is opened.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you place a shortcut to the template onto your desktop, double-clicking
the shortcut should open Word to a new document created from the template
without any blank. Is that what you are doing? If not, how are you creating
a document from your template?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"PhredBear" wrote in message
This is only a very small niggle but I use Word mostly from my own
templates and when I fire-up Word, it starts off with a new, blank doc.
When I open a new doc from my templates, it opens as a second page and I
do the business. When I have finished, I save/close the doc I have been
working on and I am left with the original blank doc which I then have to
close before I can exit.

Is there a simple way to set a property so that it only opens the template
doc or zaps the blank doc when a new template doc is opened.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PhredBear PhredBear is offline

Terry,

That is exactly what I am trying to do and your tip will help me do nicely.

Many Thanks.

"PhredBear" wrote in message
This is only a very small niggle but I use Word mostly from my own
templates and when I fire-up Word, it starts off with a new, blank doc.
When I open a new doc from my templates, it opens as a second page and I
do the business. When I have finished, I save/close the doc I have been
working on and I am left with the original blank doc which I then have to
close before I can exit.

Is there a simple way to set a property so that it only opens the
template doc or zaps the blank doc when a new template doc is opened.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Create Shortcuts on desktop to the default Office Templates installed on
your PC:
1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033
2. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Fax

The default location for templates that you create and save to MS Word. You
may need to enable, "Show Hidden Folders" under Folder Options in My
Computer or "C:\" Drive.:
3. C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

Also you can do a file search for "*.dot" (w/o quotes) files on your hard
drive and put a short cut on your Desktop.

Rich/rerat (RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

on...