Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Office 2007 and Acrobat

I have some carefully formatted Word documents, and need to convert them to
PDF format, bringing along the features/data that Acrobat recognizes as
dynamic TOC and Acrobat bookmarks, all of which are a function of the Heading
styles. These features can not be created by printing to the Adobe PDF print
driver.

It always worked with Office 2002/2003 but is not performing with Office
2007. Getting an error message - PDF Maker files missing.

I know this is not an Adobe forum but am sure many here convert to PDF
Thanks for any insights. If we come up with any solutions I will post to
help out, but we have been working on this for several days.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

After problem after problem with Acrobat -- I've moved to Primo PDF... and
have none!

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathryn Groves

"PA" wrote in message
I have some carefully formatted Word documents, and need to convert them to
PDF format, bringing along the features/data that Acrobat recognizes as
dynamic TOC and Acrobat bookmarks, all of which are a function of the
Heading
styles. These features can not be created by printing to the Adobe PDF
print
driver.

It always worked with Office 2002/2003 but is not performing with Office
2007. Getting an error message - PDF Maker files missing.

I know this is not an Adobe forum but am sure many here convert to PDF
Thanks for any insights. If we come up with any solutions I will post to
help out, but we have been working on this for several days.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As Suzanne has suggested you need Acrobat version 8 or later to work with
Word 2007. You could try the PDF add-in from Microsoft for Office 2007. It
does not have the full range of attributes as Acrobat, but it should achieve
what you require -

PA wrote:
I have some carefully formatted Word documents, and need to convert
them to PDF format, bringing along the features/data that Acrobat
recognizes as dynamic TOC and Acrobat bookmarks, all of which are a
function of the Heading styles. These features can not be created by
printing to the Adobe PDF print driver.

It always worked with Office 2002/2003 but is not performing with
Office 2007. Getting an error message - PDF Maker files missing.

I know this is not an Adobe forum but am sure many here convert to PDF
Thanks for any insights. If we come up with any solutions I will
post to help out, but we have been working on this for several days.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In that case repair the Acrobat installation and ensure it is updated with
all the available updates. This is quite time consuming if you have not kept
it up to date.

PA wrote:
We are using Acrobat v 8.0

PA wrote:
I have some carefully formatted Word documents, and need to convert
them to PDF format, bringing along the features/data that Acrobat
recognizes as dynamic TOC and Acrobat bookmarks, all of which are a
function of the Heading styles. These features can not be created
by printing to the Adobe PDF print driver.

It always worked with Office 2002/2003 but is not performing with
Office 2007. Getting an error message - PDF Maker files missing.

I know this is not an Adobe forum but am sure many here convert to
PDF Thanks for any insights. If we come up with any solutions I
will post to help out, but we have been working on this for several
days.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Thank you for the idea, but reinstallations, repairs, and every update we
could find has been loaded.
Any other ideas would be warmly received.

Paul

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

In that case repair the Acrobat installation and ensure it is updated with
all the available updates. This is quite time consuming if you have not kept
it up to date.

PA wrote:
We are using Acrobat v 8.0

PA wrote:
I have some carefully formatted Word documents, and need to convert
them to PDF format, bringing along the features/data that Acrobat
recognizes as dynamic TOC and Acrobat bookmarks, all of which are a
function of the Heading styles. These features can not be created
by printing to the Adobe PDF print driver.

It always worked with Office 2002/2003 but is not performing with
Office 2007. Getting an error message - PDF Maker files missing.

I know this is not an Adobe forum but am sure many here convert to
PDF Thanks for any insights. If we come up with any solutions I
will post to help out, but we have been working on this for several
days.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Regretfully I must therefore refer you to the Adobe forum. Acrobat's
relationship with Word has always been somewhat tenuous and I don't know why
you should be having the problem. An updated version of Acrobat 8 should
work with Word 2007. In the meantime have you tried Microsoft's PDF add-in?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

In that case repair the Acrobat installation and ensure it is
updated with all the available updates. This is quite time consuming
if you have not kept it up to date.

PA wrote:
We are using Acrobat v 8.0

PA wrote:
I have some carefully formatted Word documents, and need to
convert them to PDF format, bringing along the features/data that
Acrobat recognizes as dynamic TOC and Acrobat bookmarks, all of
which are a function of the Heading styles. These features can
not be created by printing to the Adobe PDF print driver.

It always worked with Office 2002/2003 but is not performing with
Office 2007. Getting an error message - PDF Maker files missing.

I know this is not an Adobe forum but am sure many here convert to
PDF Thanks for any insights. If we come up with any solutions I
will post to help out, but we have been working on this for
several days.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Thank you for your efforts.
I am sure I will come up with other issues that will have a easier to
resolve solution.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

In that case repair the Acrobat installation and ensure it is
updated with all the available updates. This is quite time consuming
if you have not kept it up to date.

PA wrote:
We are using Acrobat v 8.0