Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Dave is offline

Default Unwanted Text Box

When I want to draw a simple line in a Word doc, all of a sudden a large box
(text?) appears which contains the phrase "Create your drawing here."

Where did this box come from and how do I get rid of it? All I want is a
simple line.

Thx
Dave
WinXP SP2 Office(Word) 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Dave wrote:
When I want to draw a simple line in a Word doc, all of a sudden a
large box (text?) appears which contains the phrase "Create your
drawing here."
Where did this box come from and how do I get rid of it? All I want
is a simple line.

Thx
Dave
WinXP SP2 Office(Word) 2003

Go to Tools Options General and uncheck the box for "Automatically
create drawing canvas when inserting AutoShapes".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman