evenstevens evenstevens is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I do this

I want set up a word document that a user can go on and tab from one textbox to the next imputting details. I have a picture that I want to lock to the background so this cannot be amended by all users and just allow them to enter details in the text boxes. Is this possible. Can I also set the order of the text boxes to tab to??

This is basically a form that needs filling in but I don't want users to be able to amend any set up, just to enter details only

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:31:38 +0100, evenstevens
wrote:

I want set up a word document that a user can go on and tab from one
textbox to the next imputting details. I have a picture that I want to
lock to the background so this cannot be amended by all users and just
allow them to enter details in the text boxes. Is this possible. Can I
also set the order of the text boxes to tab to??

This is basically a form that needs filling in but I don't want users
to be able to amend any set up, just to enter details only

See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a tutorial on
forms, and http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...etTabOrder.htm for setting
the order (and because this uses a macro, you may need
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Please don't steel other users' threads: start your own thread as this will
now confuse the originator.

Configure Windows Mail to access your email account first. Check that it
works.

Set Windows Mail as the default mail program and check the settings as
described in the second method in the article at;

If that fails, use method 3.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote:

[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Suzanne

I won't even begin to understand what has happened here! I was replying to
another 'new' message that had been tagged onto this thread. But now I don't
see it either. Something obviously went wrong with what I selected and what
I replied to. I cannot even find the post now.

Terry

wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

I saw a piggybacked post earlier, too...and now I don't see it. It almost
looks like someone cancelled a message (and were more successful at it than
on the one occasion when I tried to do that).

MaryL

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I think it depends on how you view the NGs. I'm reading in Outlook Express
using Hide Read Messages, so I see just new messages. OE has a tendency
sometimes to tack new posts onto an old thread with the same subject line;
if Terry were reading with all posts displayed, he might see the new post as
part of an old thread (even though it's been posted as new). For that reason
I displayed all messages and tracked down the thread before replying; I
still saw it as a new thread, not tacked onto an old one.

I would have thought the Web interface would do a better job of threading,
but who knows?

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

I'm also using OE, but I don't use Hide Read Messages. If I remember
correctly, the "missing" message was posted from someone who actually said
that he was piggybacking (but did not use that term). Now, however, it is
missing from my list. I know what you mean, though. I have had occasions
where I would post a message and never see it unless I went to google. I
had inadvertently used the title/subject from a previous thread; the message
was then attached to that thread, and it was too old to show up on my list.
This explanation probably doesn't make sense, but that's the only way I can
figure it out!

MaryL

wrote:

[...]

Talking

Thanks all, that really helped. Think I've sorted it.