Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron O'Brien Ron O'Brien is offline

Default Email has no footer (Word2003)

I'm running Word (part of Office2003) on a Vista Home Premium PC.

I have a document template that has a footer containing a disclaimer - so
important it appears with the main body of the document. However, if I hit
the email icon on the toolbar and send the email from within Word only the
main body text is sent, the footer (and same goes for headers) is not shown
at the recipient's end.

Is there a way around this?

--
Ron O'Brien

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Ron O'Brien" wrote in message
I'm running Word (part of Office2003) on a Vista Home Premium PC.

I have a document template that has a footer containing a disclaimer - so
important it appears with the main body of the document. However, if I hit
the email icon on the toolbar and send the email from within Word only the
main body text is sent, the footer (and same goes for headers) is not
shown at the recipient's end.

Is there a way around this?

Set the disclaimer up as a signature in Outlook.....you will need to insert
it before sending.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

As pages do not exist in HTML, when you send a document as an HTML email,
the H&Fs are lost.

You can create the disclaimer as an AutoText entry for quick insertion at
the end of the document. However, if you need it automated, you can purchase
Disclaimer software to install in the Exchange server (if you are using such
a system) which will automatically add it to every outgoing email.

However, as Declaimers have absolutely no legal standing, they are no more
that a waste of cyberspace and bandwidth.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Ron O'Brien" wrote in message
I'm running Word (part of Office2003) on a Vista Home Premium PC.

I have a document template that has a footer containing a disclaimer - so
important it appears with the main body of the document. However, if I hit
the email icon on the toolbar and send the email from within Word only the
main body text is sent, the footer (and same goes for headers) is not
shown at the recipient's end.

Is there a way around this?

--
Ron O'Brien

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron O'Brien Ron O'Brien is offline

Thanks all for the advice so far given.

If I can just pick your brains a little further???
The 'disclaimer' - which actually is more than a disclaimer and contains
legal stuff and declarations - in my 'postal version' of my header used for
this purpose, the headed paper (as printed via Word carries business name
and contact details in white lettering on a dark teal background. The
disclaimer, I referred to, is in the footer and is a matching white letters
on dark teal. I can't see anyway I can replicate that using the autotext -
is that right, I'd only be able to use plain text?

Thanks again

Ron