Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Knight Ken Knight is offline

Default Spaces before ? and ! and ;

Does anyone know how to stop Word inserting spaces between letters and some
punctuation marks? It doesn't do it for full stops and commas and I'd like
to stop it doing it altogether.
--
Ken Knight
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is automatic, it suggests that you have the wrong language applied
to the text. Select All (Ctrl+A) and go to Tools | Language | Set Language
and make sure that the correct flavor of English is applied to all the text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ken Knight" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to stop Word inserting spaces between letters and
some
punctuation marks? It doesn't do it for full stops and commas and I'd
like
to stop it doing it altogether.
--
Ken Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Knight Ken Knight is offline

Many thanks for your help, but I'm using 2007. Can you help with
instructions for this version of Word?
--
Ken Knight

"Ken Knight" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to stop Word inserting spaces between letters and
some
punctuation marks? It doesn't do it for full stops and commas and I'd
like
to stop it doing it altogether.
--
Ken Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is always helpful to specify what version of Word you have, but, because
Word 2007 is so different from all previous versions, it is vital to specify
that. In Word 2007, Review | Proofing | Set Language.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ken Knight" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to stop Word inserting spaces between letters and
some
punctuation marks? It doesn't do it for full stops and commas and I'd
like
to stop it doing it altogether.
--
Ken Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Knight Ken Knight is offline

Suzanne

Thank you so much - this has worked!

Could I ask you another question please? I used to get hoverhelp in Word
2003 for autotext entries to remind me I'd written them. These still appear
for words like "Monday" (which I could probably manage without!) but not for
the long series of entries that are definitely still there. If you type the
first 4 characters of an autotext entry and hit F3 they appear, but the snag
is you have to memorise them all for this to be of any use. Is there any way
of switching on the hoverhelp for all autotext entries?

Ken
--
Ken Knight

"Ken Knight" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to stop Word inserting spaces between letters and
some
punctuation marks? It doesn't do it for full stops and commas and I'd
like
to stop it doing it altogether.
--
Ken Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, Word 2007 does not have the AutoComplete feature for AutoText (except
for dates, as you've seen).

http://word.mvps.org

"Ken Knight" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to stop Word inserting spaces between letters
and
some
punctuation marks? It doesn't do it for full stops and commas and
I'd
like
to stop it doing it altogether.
--
Ken Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Knight Ken Knight is offline

Many thanks for the info. If you have any influence with Microsoft, perhaps
you could encourage them to bring it back!
--
Ken Knight

"Ken Knight" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to stop Word inserting spaces between letters
and
some
punctuation marks? It doesn't do it for full stops and commas and
I'd
like
to stop it doing it altogether.
--
Ken Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have the opportunity to do that yourself. There's been two recent Word
team blogs that touch on the subject:

http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...d/default.aspx

PamC

Ken Knight wrote:
Many thanks for the info. If you have any influence with Microsoft, perhaps
you could encourage them to bring it back!
No, Word 2007 does not have the AutoComplete feature for AutoText (except
for dates, as you've seen).

[quoted text clipped - 41 lines]

Two different spaces Judy New Users 9 November 14th 08 10:47 AM
too many spaces Heidi Microsoft Word Help 7 October 29th 06 02:23 AM
I want to add spaces after a right tab Nigel Greensitt Page Layout 2 December 28th 05 10:59 AM
How can I replace single spaces with double spaces in a docume TJ Microsoft Word Help 1 February 27th 05 04:22 AM
I cannot type two sequential letters or spaces or back spaces? TLThomas Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 08:02 AM