Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default Cross-reference and captions

I have a document with roughly 100 figures and 100 tables. The problem is
that for some reason not all the captions for the figures are being listed in
the cross reference dialog box so I cannot create a cross-reference.
Secondly the captions for the tables are actually being listed twice in the
cross reference dialog box!

Anyone know of a fix fot this?
--
Damn this formatting!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you sure all your figure captions were inserted using the Insert
Caption command?

Are there maybe some unaccepted tracked changes? (Does it seem to
matter whether you choose the first or second instance of "Table 3"
when you insert a cross reference to Table 3?)

On Jun 3, 12:20*pm, Bill wrote:
I have a document with roughly 100 figures and 100 tables. The problem is
that for some reason not all the captions for the figures are being listed in
the cross reference dialog box so I cannot create a cross-reference.
Secondly the captions for the tables are actually being listed twice in the
cross reference dialog box!

Anyone know of a fix fot this?
--
Damn this formatting!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Yes the captions were inserted using the Insert Caption command (actually had
that trouble earlier.)

I have not checked the duplicate Table entries as the urgency is with the
missing Figure captions.

There are unaccepted changes, but not having to do with the figures, I might
try accepting all anyway though.

I did some troubleshooting and the Figures problem goes away when the
document is viewed in Word 2003. The Table entries are still duplicated
though.
--
Damn this formatting!

On Jun 3, 12:20 pm, Bill wrote:
I have a document with roughly 100 figures and 100 tables. The problem is
that for some reason not all the captions for the figures are being listed in
the cross reference dialog box so I cannot create a cross-reference.
Secondly the captions for the tables are actually being listed twice in the
cross reference dialog box!

Anyone know of a fix fot this?
--
Damn this formatting!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Bill,

Make sure all the caption paragraphs still have the Caption Style applied.

--
Cheers
macropod