Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Default Landscape Table in Portrait Document

I have document that contains portrait style text and includes a multiple
page table (20 pages) that I need to display as landscape due to its width,
but I still need to preserve the portrait style headers and footers. The
actual screen display does not matter as it will be printed before
distribution.

Is there any way to rotate a multi-page table such that I can still edit it
after insertion, and preserve the portrait style headers and footers?

Windows XP SP2, Office 2003

Thank you, John Gregory

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Suzanne, thank you for your instructions, however I am still having trouble.

I followed the instructions several times with the same result each time -
the header and footer stubbornly stay attcahed to the orientation of the
content.

I even tried several variations of your instructions, bt they did not seem
to work any differently.

I have a table that spans about 20 pages that must have the same header and
footer as the rest of the several hundred page document.

Any other ideas?

"JGreg7" wrote in message
I have document that contains portrait style text and includes a multiple
page table (20 pages) that I need to display as landscape due to its
width,
but I still need to preserve the portrait style headers and footers. The
actual screen display does not matter as it will be printed before
distribution.

Is there any way to rotate a multi-page table such that I can still edit
it
after insertion, and preserve the portrait style headers and footers?

Windows XP SP2, Office 2003

Thank you, John Gregory

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you change the text direction in the frame/text box? Was it placed in
the appropriate margin?

http://word.mvps.org

"JGreg7" wrote in message
I have document that contains portrait style text and includes a
multiple
page table (20 pages) that I need to display as landscape due to its
width,
but I still need to preserve the portrait style headers and footers.
The
actual screen display does not matter as it will be printed before
distribution.

Is there any way to rotate a multi-page table such that I can still
edit
it
after insertion, and preserve the portrait style headers and footers?

Windows XP SP2, Office 2003

Thank you, John Gregory

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

The table spans about 20 pages. When I treid to use a frame, I had to break
the table into multiple sections of text for each page. That does not help
since the table will be updated periodically and have to be continually
reasenbled and split up.

The end result I am after is a portrait page with a landscape orieted table
spanning multiple pages - that is still editable.

Is there any way to rotate the pages and keep the header and footer in the
portrait orientation?

"JGreg7" wrote in message
I have document that contains portrait style text and includes a
multiple
page table (20 pages) that I need to display as landscape due to its
width,
but I still need to preserve the portrait style headers and footers.
The
actual screen display does not matter as it will be printed before
distribution.

Is there any way to rotate a multi-page table such that I can still
edit
it
after insertion, and preserve the portrait style headers and footers?

Windows XP SP2, Office 2003

Thank you, John Gregory

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're going about this entirely wrong. You change the entire page to
landscape orientation and create your table normally. You then insert a text
box or frame anchored to the header or footer/drag it to the appropriate
location in the correct margin, and change the text direction so that it
will read correctly when the page is rotated to portrait orientation. I
suggest you go back and reread the article, starting with the instructions
for inserting section breaks and changing the orientation.

http://word.mvps.org

"JGreg7" wrote in message
I have document that contains portrait style text and includes a
multiple
page table (20 pages) that I need to display as landscape due to its
width,
but I still need to preserve the portrait style headers and footers.
The
actual screen display does not matter as it will be printed before
distribution.

Is there any way to rotate a multi-page table such that I can still
edit
it
after insertion, and preserve the portrait style headers and
footers?

Windows XP SP2, Office 2003

Thank you, John Gregory

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Sorry, I must have missed something in the first round.

I did set the page to landscape and insert the table. I then made the text
box for the rotated header and footer text for the "side" of each landscape
page. I then had to copy these two texts boxes to each page of the table
since the header and footer of each page was now on the top and bottom of the
landscape page.

This worked, but it seems to be a very long way around what should be a
simple formatting task.

I don't suppose there is any way to link the text boxes to the header and
footer?

"JGreg7" wrote in message
I have document that contains portrait style text and includes a
multiple
page table (20 pages) that I need to display as landscape due to its
width,
but I still need to preserve the portrait style headers and footers.
The
actual screen display does not matter as it will be printed before
distribution.

Is there any way to rotate a multi-page table such that I can still
edit
it
after insertion, and preserve the portrait style headers and
footers?

Windows XP SP2, Office 2003

Thank you, John Gregory

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you missed is that you must create the text boxes *in* the header and
footer; you must have the header/footer pane open when you create them
(this is spelled out in step 3). Objects anchored to the header/footer can
be placed anywhere on the page; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"JGreg7" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Thank you so much for your support. With those last instructions I was able
to set it up and get the "sideways" headers on every page. It is quite
efficient when you get it set up and working properly.