Keyboard shortcut keys in word

Default How to restore custom keyboard keys in word like Ctrl+c for copy

When I installed Microsoft office suite on my new computer the shortcut keys
on the keyboard are different than what I have been using till now. E.g
Crtl+c for copying and Ctrl+z for deteting. whay is it so and how can I
overcome it
katin42

Someone might have more specific pointers, if you can state what Word
Edition/Version and operating system is being used. In general, this sounds
like a "user preference" issue, which can easily be modified.....I hope. : )

"Keyboard shortcut keys in word" wrote:

When I installed Microsoft office suite on my new computer the shortcut keys
on the keyboard are different than what I have been using till now. E.g
Crtl+c for copying and Ctrl+z for deteting. whay is it so and how can I
overcome it

Ctrl+Z = Undo; Ctrl+X = Cut. Unless you have assigned these shortcuts to a
different use, they should not have changed. One way to restore the default
key assignments is to rename Normal.dot and let Word generate a fresh copy.
It depends a lot on what other customizations you may have that you want to
preserve. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm