Sam

Default How to keep more than 20 Word documents open at the same time?

Hello

a) Is there a way to keep more than 20 Word documents open at the same time?
Each document is about 500Kb, and I am having problems with Auto-save, and
Save. Once I get a message that "autosave is postponed, not enough disk
space or too many open documents", I can't save the document in question, no
matter what I try. is there a way to deal with this problem once it takes
place?

b) Unlike Excel, one can't open several sessions of Word at the same time.
It looks like this leads to Word crashing once too many documents are open...
Is there a way to oepn several sessions of Word at the same time?

Thank you!
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Sam,

What version of Word and build level (from Help=About)

You can open separate sessions of Word using the /x switch
or the /n switch on the commandline of a shortcut
for Winword.exe or through Start=Run but that can cause even
more memory use than you're experiencing now.

Be sure you're cleared out all old temp files found with
a search string of
~$*.*;*.tmp
and the contents of your %temp% folder (using Start=run)
before starting Word

==========

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Anna Summers

Can't you make Word 2003 open each Word document in a separate window (a
separate instance) by selecting Tools Options View : checking Windows in
Taskbar? --AnnaSummers