Diamonds_Mine

Default International Addresses

I am performing a mail merge using Contacts that were exported to a CSV file.
The contacts contain US, European and Asian addresses. I'm using the
AddressBlock field and matching the appropriate fields to be merged. The
merge completes, but the Asian (Japan) addresses are formatted incorrectly.
The European (Germany) and US addresses are formatted correctly. The Japan
address should be formatted exactly as a US address (see samples below), but
when merged the Country is on the 1st line, Zip on the 2nd line which is
incorrect.

[US/Japan Sample Address Formatting]
John Doe
Doe Company
President
123 Any Street
Washington, DC 20004
Country

[Germany Sample Address Formatting]
Doe Company
Herrn
John Doe
123 Any Street
20004 Munich
Germany
Doug Robbins

Don't use the AddressBlock. Just insert the individual mergefields in the
configuration that you require.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Diamonds_Mine" wrote in message
[...]

Diamonds_Mine

Asian addresses format with the Country as the first line of the address, the
postal code is the 2nd line of the address, Country and street address are
the 3rd and 4th lines of the address and, the person's name is the last line
of the address.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Doug Robbins

Not in the Asian country in which I lived for 11 years, but of course there
are many Asian countries.

As I see it, you have two choices, re-arrange the data in the datasource
based on the country of destination,

Use a series of If...then...else fields that check for the destination
country (a real pain if there a multiple countries that meet the criteria
you set) and then insert the appropriate mergefield in the arrangement that
you consider correct.

I would opt for the first solution.