LaDawn

Default can't copy word document to cd

I can't copy a Word document to a CD. I haven't had a problem doing this in
any other program, but when I attempt to save my Word Document to a CD-RW, it
says "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do
you want Windows to do?" It copied find to a CD-R, but I need a RW CD for
this project.

It did this same thing on my computer at work as well as my computer at home.

What am I doing wrong?
CyberTaz

Hi LaDawn-

You seem to be one of the multitude of yet uninformed, so here it is-

*Do Not* work from removable media (CD of any kind, floppy, etc.) in *Any*
MS Office program.

I won't bore you with additional details, but if you want verification just
search this NG using the keyword "floppy" (without the quotes).

Always copy to your hard drive, save to that file, then use Windows to copy
back to other media if necessary.

Good Luck |:)

On 8/12/05 7:06 PM, in article
, "LaDawn"
wrote:

I can't copy a Word document to a CD. I haven't had a problem doing this in
any other program, but when I attempt to save my Word Document to a CD-RW, it
says "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do
you want Windows to do?" It copied find to a CD-R, but I need a RW CD for
this project.

It did this same thing on my computer at work as well as my computer at home.

What am I doing wrong?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

What software are you using to create the CD?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]