tehuti

Default Adding a small form with locked fields to an existing doc?

I am trying to add a form with 5 checkbox items to an existing Word document.
One of them will also have a text box to add a detailed answer. However, once
I create the form and lock it to protect the fields the whole page is locked.
So I can't copy just that form text and paste it into another document. Is
there a way to do this?

Jay Freedman

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:32:02 -0700, tehuti
wrote:

I am trying to add a form with 5 checkbox items to an existing Word document.
One of them will also have a text box to add a detailed answer. However, once
I create the form and lock it to protect the fields the whole page is locked.
So I can't copy just that form text and paste it into another document. Is
there a way to do this?

Insert a continuous section break between the form part and the rest
of the document. In the Protect Document dialog or task pane, click
the Sections button or link, and uncheck the section that should be
editable.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon

The text you want people to be able to edit needs to be in separate sections
of the document (although possibly on the same page). Then you only protect
the section that has your checkboxes. What you are talking about is what
Word calls an "online form." Check this in help. For more about online
forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

There are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in
documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do
not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"tehuti" wrote in message
I am trying to add a form with 5 checkbox items to an existing Word
document.
One of them will also have a text box to add a detailed answer. However,
once
I create the form and lock it to protect the fields the whole page is
locked.
So I can't copy just that form text and paste it into another document. Is
there a way to do this?

Jay Freedman

It should be active if there are two or more sections in the document, and
if Forms is the selected protection type.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman