Rick Charnes

Default Show bookmarks with their names

In a Word2003 doc, is there a way to display all bookmarks **with their
names**? Turning on Show...Bookmarks in Tools|Options doesn't display
their names. Thanks.
Doug Robbins

Not really.

The following macro will select each bookmark and show its name in a message
box

Dim abm As Bookmark
For Each abm In ActiveDocument.Bookmarks
abm.Select
MsgBox abm.Name
Next

Or if you wanted to know the name of a selected bookmark, you could use

If Selection.Bookmarks.Count 0 Then
MsgBox Selection.Bookmarks(1).Name
End If

--