Elizabeth

Default Split a merged cell in word

I need to be able to split a merged cell in Word so I can add another column.
When I use the Split cell button, I can select the number of columns, but
the columns for that row are then independent of the rest of the table grid.
I've tried resizing the borders for that row to match the others, but I still
have to resize that row manually. Is there a way to split the merged cell to
make it rejoin the rest of the grid?
Klaus Linke

"Elizabeth" wrote:
I need to be able to split a merged cell in Word so I can add another
column.
When I use the Split cell button, I can select the number of columns, but
the columns for that row are then independent of the rest of the table
grid.
I've tried resizing the borders for that row to match the others, but I
still
have to resize that row manually. Is there a way to split the merged cell
make it rejoin the rest of the grid?

Hi Elizabeth,

Not easily, as far as I can see. You could try
"Table AutoFit Distribute columns evenly"
"Table AutoFit AutoFit to contents"

Regards,
Klaus

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM
letters - ask/fillin Caroline H New Users 2 February 25th 05 08:19 PM