Mattajang

Default In Word 2003 page set up, mirror margins, margins don't match up

I'm trying to format a book and when I set Word to mirror the margins, they
are off by about a quarter of an inch. Aren't the margins supposed to be
exactly the same only in mirror image? What am I doing wrong, or how can I
fix this? When my pages are back to back like they would appear in a book,
the writing is supposed to match up on the margins but they don't. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
CyberTaz

Hello-

When you use Mirrored Margins there is also a Gutter setting to allow space
for binding. If that is set to something other than 0 it adds to the 'Inside'
margins of the odd & even pages.

HTH |:)