MilnerAir

Default mailing list merge problems

I cannot get mail merge to print out mailing lists froman Excel file.
I go through the setup routine and place the data fields in proper layout
Mr firstName LastName
Address
city, state zip

but when I merge the data, it displays

Mr firstName
LastName Address

and that's it.
What am I doing wrong?
Thx.

Dan

MilnerAir

Anne,
to clarify, I get the record layout like this:

Mr. Thomas
Jones, 123 Main St.

.... and that's it. The information is not configured as entered and it only
shows 2 lines.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

You're viewing field codes. Turn them off.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/v...osoft_word.htm
I go through the setup routine and place the data fields in proper layout
Mr firstName LastName
Address
city, state zip

but when I merge the data, it displays

Mr firstName
LastName Address

and that's it.
What am I doing wrong?
Thx.

Dan

Anne Troy

I could have no way of knowing what's wrong without seeing the files. Your
description makes me feel like you know what you're talking about, but also
that something's very weird. Perhaps your font is just too big to show
everything within the size of a label (table cell) or something?

************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anne Troy" wrote:

You're viewing field codes. Turn them off.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/v...osoft_word.htm
I go through the setup routine and place the data fields in proper
layout
Mr firstName LastName
Address
city, state zip

but when I merge the data, it displays

Mr firstName
LastName Address

and that's it.
What am I doing wrong?
Thx.

Dan

MilnerAir

Anne,
I guess I stumbled onto my solution:
When selecting data source, I checked the "select method" box and then
chose"Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter" under Confirm Data Source. I
then set it up the way I wanted and it came out right.
Thanks for your attention.

Dan