Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Soccerman58

Default Cross references not updating after changes in text

Hi
I have a doc with substantial cross references that I need to update after I
make additions or subtractions to the text that results in numbering changes.
The numbering in the text updates normally, but the cross-references back to
those paras do not update, even after I close and reopen the document. How
can I do some kind of forced update? The doc is useless if the cross
references don't renumber.
FWIW, I'm using heading 3 as the item to be cross-referenced, and I am not
including heading 3 in the TOC.
Thanks
Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

You can update manually: Press Ctrl+A to select the entire document
and then press F9 to update. Alternatively, you can switch to Print
Preview, which forces an update. You may also want to check the option
to "Update fields" on the Print tab of ToolsOptions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP