Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rodney Bertsch

Default Print copies as separate jobs, not one big job

Hello,

In Word when I print a multiple page document (5) for 4 copies, it spools 20
pages rather than 4 copies of 5 pages each.

This becomes a problem in two situations:

1) The main document is VERY large and spooling multiple copies ends up
with a HUGE spool file on the server, which has used all available disk space
on the server in the past. If it had went as one large job for multiple
copies this would not have happened.

2) If we choose the staple option on the printer it staples the entire
batch since it went as one large job rather than several copies of a job.

I realize that sending the copies separatly may be slower, but we have some
situations where it would be a big benefit. Is there any way to change it?

Thanks,

Rodney