Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Glenn Chung Glenn Chung is offline

Default What is the best way to create a songbook

I want to create a songbook with titles, chords and lyric with TOC and page
numbering. I would like to see if there's an easier way to assign text style
for each element (title, chord, lyric, section...) will have its
corresponding style and size. There are so many songs, besides highlighting
each line and assign its style using Styles and Formating, is there a quicker
way? Here's what it will look like:

=================================
18 Rock Song

Key of A

C F G
Lyric here, lyric here

Am G C
Lyric here, lyric here, lyric here

Chorus:
C F G
Lyric here, lyric here

Am G C
Lyric here, lyric here, lyric here

=================================

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tenfootboneless tenfootboneless is offline

I think you need to set up styles that you can select from the from the
style drop down menu (the thing that ususally says 'Normal' next to the
font selection). Go -- Format -- Style -- New -- Format, you can
name the style (chords, lyrics etc) and pick which items you want to
format (font, paragraph, etc). Then you can pick and apply a style to
each line of the song book.

Alternatively, use the format painter (the paintbrush button usually
next to the cut/copy/paste buttons) to copy the format to new lines.

Hope that helps,

David