Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joel Reeves Joel Reeves is offline

Default Mystery Objects

I am editing a booklet that is set up with the book fold option. The only
problem I am having is that when I print, there is an object on the front
page that prints on top of itself. On the print preview screen it only shows
one, but when it prints there are two extra ones that cover up the original
and I can't figure out where they are coming from.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Your note is a bit cryptic on a few points, so I'm not 100% sure I understand
what's going on, but I'll give it a stab.

I assume that the "object" on the front page is some kind of picture or
graphic? Are the "two extra ones" additional copies of the same or a similar
picture/graphic? If I'm getting close, I had a similar problem with a
procedure header a few weeks ago. Somehow, three different copies of our
company logo had been pasted on top of each other -- each copy slightly
different than the others.

Start by saving your document so you can undo anything that makes
catastrophic alterations to the brochure layout. If you're really paranoid,
make a copy of the file and work on the file.

Try dragging the top object to the side to see if you can grab and delete
the objects that are under it. If you can't drag it to a new location,
right-click on it, select "Format Picture" and set the layout to "In Front of
Text," which should allow you to move it. Then, you should be able to select
and delete the objects that are below it. When the mystery objects are gone,
put the top object back where it was.

Try that and see if it works.

Good luck.

Fred