Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lradosta lradosta is offline

Default When using bullets, the tab key no longer indents the bullet.

Hi,
My tab key no longer indents the bullets in my documents. It moves the
cursor alone and creates a space b/t the bullet and the cursor. I can still
use the indent key to move the bullet inwards. How can I make the tab key
move the bullet again?

Thanks
Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Format | Bullets and Numbering, select a bullet and then customise. On the
dialog box set the Bullet position indent to 0.63 cm and the 2 Text position
settings below to 1.27 cm. (If you are using inches you can still key in the
cm and Word will convert for you.) Does this solve your problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"lradosta" wrote:

Hi,
My tab key no longer indents the bullets in my documents. It moves the
cursor alone and creates a space b/t the bullet and the cursor. I can still
use the indent key to move the bullet inwards. How can I make the tab key
move the bullet again?

Thanks
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lradosta lradosta is offline

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. I tried what you suggested below, and it did
not alter the tab issue. Is there anything else that you can suggest?

Thanks
Lisa

"lradosta" wrote:

Hi,
My tab key no longer indents the bullets in my documents. It moves the
cursor alone and creates a space b/t the bullet and the cursor. I can still
use the indent key to move the bullet inwards. How can I make the tab key
move the bullet again?

Thanks
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 97 and 2000, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the
"Tabs and backspace set left indent" box | OK.

In Word 2002 and 2003, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options |
AutoFormat As You Type | check the "Set left- and first-indent
with tabs and backspaces" box | OK.