Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
martin martin is offline

Default placement of footnote

Dear experts,

in a given document wit Word-foonotes, how can I shift these footnotes to
the appropriate page, when I alter the pagination? Some of these footnotes
seem to be fixed to a certain page, and large areas of blank paper appear, so
that the referenced passage in the text remain on a certain page and thus the
footnotes stick to their original page.

Thank you
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
martin martin is offline

Thank you for the reply; but the blank area appears between the borderline
(between text and footnotes) and the footnotes itself. The area is created by
a series of 'hidden' paragraph signs (i.e. paragraph signs in grey, that
means not editable), so that I cannot delete them. The space (half a page)
could easily be filled with text from the next page, but that is not the case.

Best regards
Martin

"Martin" wrote in message
Dear experts,

in a given document wit Word-foonotes, how can I shift these footnotes to
the appropriate page, when I alter the pagination? Some of these footnotes
seem to be fixed to a certain page, and large areas of blank paper appear,

so
that the referenced passage in the text remain on a certain page and thus

the
footnotes stick to their original page.

Thank you
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Switch to Normal view. On the View menu, click Footnotes. In the
Footnote pane, choose the "Footnote separator" item. Delete the excess
paragraph marks. Close the Footnote pane.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: