Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MW MW is offline

Default Black line in footer HELP!

I've been using Word for ten years, but am stumped on this.

I have a document that has a line running through the footer the full
length of the page, around a quarter-inch to three-eighths inch from
page bottom. One pioint thickness. It is on every page. It prints.
It appears to have no connection to the footer space, which I can
change in terms of width, height, border, shading, whatever, with no
effect. I can make the footer take up no space and go under it. I can
make the footer very large and run through it. It doesn't move; it
doesn't change. It is not selectable in any way.

This was in a document that was sent to me for editing. I couldn't get
rid of the line, so I pasted the contents in to a new file. The line
was not evident until I re-opened the file this morning. Now it is
back.

I can delete all the contents from this file so that I have a blank
header, footer and no body, and the line is still there.

The only plus to this is that the line is deletable in PDFs (providing
you are using an appropriate version of Acrobat) so if I have to deal
with it that way, I will.

Thanks fo any help...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MW MW is offline

Page border!. Another singularly useless feature designed to drive
page-layout professionals stark raving looney.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy Anne Troy is offline

I have seen similar issues. What happened was that the line was in (for
instance) a second column of the document somehow. Also, be sure you're
trying to use the Drawing "selector" tool to select it.
--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com