Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bird lover bird lover is offline

Default Inability to see queries in complicated access files: 2003 access&

I am able to find and locate queries in a simple access to mailmerge. However
in my master database which contains queries from joins of multiple linked
tables of linked tables, word can't find them. Is there a finite number of
tables and queries that word can look for in a mailmerge.

Better questions: Any workarounds so I can access from word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and go to the General tab and
check the box for Confirm conversions at open. Then try the DDE method of
connecting to the source when you attach the data source to the mail merge
main document.

Or, open the Query in Access and from the Access Tools menu, select Office
Links and then Merge it with Microsoft Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP