Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Burch Burch is offline

Default Multiple Entries in TOC

I have a Default TOC in my document, but it contains multiple entries of
certain Headings, even though they only appear once in the document.

The problem started out as a single duplicate entry, then when I deleted the
duplicate heading and retyped it (as Heading 1 like the rest of my headings)
and updated the field, the problem wasn't fixed AND the heading before the
"problem heading" was also duplicated in the TOC. I don't want to keep
trying to fix it because it keeps making the previous heading duplicate.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Manual page breaks can cause this, since they start a new page but
don't necessarily break the paragraph correctly. Instead, add "Page
break before" formatting to the style (in the Modify Style dialog box,
click Format, and then click Paragraph).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP