Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jen_writer jen_writer is offline

Default Same content, but doesn't fit

Hello,
I wrote a protocol for testing a part. I then saved the file as a new file
and changed the part number. There are several pages that are EXACTLY the
same as the original file, but the pages break at different places (the
original file fits an average of 2-4 lines more per page). The margins,
headers/footers, fonts, text, etc. are ALL the same. Does anyone know why the
same amount of info doesn't also fit on the pages?

thanks
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Just a guess, but I would tend to think that the part number appears
frequently throughout the document. Even though it is the only thing you
changed it stands to reason that you changed every instance.

If the horizontal specs of the characters in the first PN differ from the
parameters of the characters in the new PN, proportional spacing may very
well explain the reflow. IOW, WK49845 takes up more space per occurrence
than IU11011 even though it's the same number of characters. And if the
number of characters in each part number differs as well it would compound
the issue even more.

May sound far-fetched, but if the metrics make a big difference. If you want
to confirm the effect, just select a few paragraphs of text & watch what
happens as you change from one font to another - without actually changing
font size _or_ conten t:-)

I can't say for sure, but if *everything else* is identical - system, print
driver, etc. - and you did only the Save As & Find/Replace it's the only
thing I can think of. Hopefull some other ideas will come along.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"jen_writer" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I wrote a protocol for testing a part. I then saved the file as a new file
and changed the part number. There are several pages that are EXACTLY the
same as the original file, but the pages break at different places (the
original file fits an average of 2-4 lines more per page). The margins,
headers/footers, fonts, text, etc. are ALL the same. Does anyone know why
the
same amount of info doesn't also fit on the pages?

thanks
Jen

Need Help with Content Controls sncmd_98 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 16th 07 07:30 AM
Content types and content controls Øyvind Skaar Microsoft Word Help 0 May 14th 07 04:17 PM
How can I see the real content of the table of content in Word? Elly Driesen-Schepens Microsoft Word Help 3 March 28th 07 12:58 PM
Table of Content Mary New Users 1 August 16th 06 10:01 PM
how to get WORD content Jed Microsoft Word Help 2 September 7th 05 09:38 AM