Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Kreutz Tom Kreutz is offline

Default Bookmarks in Word 2007

I realize that I don't understand bookmarks in Word. Are they secretly
attached to individual characters? Is there any way to "reveal" them.
Is there any way to edit a bookmark and "attach" it to another
character? (Or just create a new one, and delete the old one?)

I'm using Word 2007, in case that makes a difference.

Many thanks! Tom Kreutz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hi Tom - Version always makes a difference, just in some cases more than
others:-)

A Bookmark can mark a spot (between character, for example) or it can mark a
passage. It just depends on whether you select content before you create the
bookmark. By default, Bookmarks are not displayed in your doc. However, they
can be revealed or hidden on demand. If you search Word help for Bookmarks
it will answer all your questions plus:-)

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/16/07 4:57 PM, in article , "Tom Kreutz"
wrote:

I realize that I don't understand bookmarks in Word. Are they secretly
attached to individual characters? Is there any way to "reveal" them.
Is there any way to edit a bookmark and "attach" it to another
character? (Or just create a new one, and delete the old one?)

I'm using Word 2007, in case that makes a difference.

Many thanks! Tom Kreutz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Tom,

I have an Add-In on my website just for manipulating bookmarks.
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Bookmark_Tool.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Tom Kreutz wrote:
I realize that I don't understand bookmarks in Word. Are they
secretly attached to individual characters? Is there any way to
"reveal" them. Is there any way to edit a bookmark and "attach" it to
another character? (Or just create a new one, and delete the old
one?)
I'm using Word 2007, in case that makes a difference.

Many thanks! Tom Kreutz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Kreutz Tom Kreutz is offline

Dear Bob and Greg,

Thanks very much for both your helpful comments.

Tom