Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Jack is offline

Default Can I get to autorecover files I have not saved?

I had a crash and when I opened word again I had three versions of the file I
was working on to choose for saving. I have saved the wrong file in
Autorecover and closed word. Can I get back into autorecover somehow to save
the correct version of the file???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably not. When you close Word in that scenario, Word usually prompts
asking if it's okay to delete the auto-recovered files... and I'm assuming
that you okay'd that action... in which case, those autorecovered files were
deleted.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jack" wrote in message
I had a crash and when I opened word again I had three versions of the file
was working on to choose for saving. I have saved the wrong file in
Autorecover and closed word. Can I get back into autorecover somehow to
save
the correct version of the file???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:41:02 -0700, Jack wrote:

I had a crash and when I opened word again I had three versions of the file I
was working on to choose for saving. I have saved the wrong file in
Autorecover and closed word. Can I get back into autorecover somehow to save
the correct version of the file???

No.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although... if you're running Vista Ultimate (maybe Vista Business, as
well--I'm not sure) you can sometimes recover previous versions of files. If
so... then in Windows Explorer, right click the file in question, choose
Properties, previous versions tab, to see if Windows has a shadow copy that
is "better" than the version you saved.