Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jlo jlo is offline

Default Template/Scanned Signature

I have a template in Word with two scanned signatures. I have them in
Autocorrect and Autotext.

I want to be able to go to the field and type the person's name and it will
populate in the field.

When I protect the template Autotext doesn't work.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Autotext will not work in a form field and even if it would you can't put
graphics in a text form field.

What might work for you is an Autotext field in the body of the document -
assuming the name is inserted in form field Text1 and the calculate on exit
check box relating to that field is checked, then

{ AUTOTEXT "{ Ref Text1 }" }

will insert the autotext associated with the autotext name inserted into
Text1 or an error message if the autotext name doesn't exist or the field is
empty.

jlo wrote:
I have a template in Word with two scanned signatures. I have them in
Autocorrect and Autotext.

I want to be able to go to the field and type the person's name and
it will populate in the field.

When I protect the template Autotext doesn't work.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Better still, could the AutoText field reference a dropdown form field? That
would guarantee that the signature exists. But if there is no other reason
for the template to be a protected form, an AutoTextList field could be used
instead.

jlo wrote:
I have a template in Word with two scanned signatures. I have them in
Autocorrect and Autotext.

I want to be able to go to the field and type the person's name and
it will populate in the field.

When I protect the template Autotext doesn't work.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Yes you could use a dropdown field - essentially covered at
http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm