Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kckc

Default How can I prevent users from Customizing?

When the user right clicks on the gray area, or select
'View/Toolbars/Customize', how can I disable that button? The only way I
found was to set the sections' protectedforforms=false and protecting the
document. But this is kinda of tidious as I have macros that need to make
changes to the headers and footers. Also, once protected, the undo's get
lost. Is there another way that I do not know of?

Basically I need to strictly lockdown the Toolbars and Keyboard commands,
and not have users try to figure out ways around it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Good luck.

You can get to the customize command by double-clicking in the toolbar area
even if you disable the menu command. I suppose you could write a macro to
try to intercept the Word Command.

Which version of Word?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"kckc" wrote in message
news
When the user right clicks on the gray area, or select
'View/Toolbars/Customize', how can I disable that button? The only way I
found was to set the sections' protectedforforms=false and protecting the
document. But this is kinda of tidious as I have macros that need to make
changes to the headers and footers. Also, once protected, the undo's get
lost. Is there another way that I do not know of?

Basically I need to strictly lockdown the Toolbars and Keyboard commands,
and not have users try to figure out ways around it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

If you have Word 2003 you can code CommandBars.disableCustomize to stop the
dialog being available via all the different routes. With earlier versions
it's nigh impossible.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"kckc" wrote in message
news
When the user right clicks on the gray area, or select
'View/Toolbars/Customize', how can I disable that button? The only way I
found was to set the sections' protectedforforms=false and protecting the
document. But this is kinda of tidious as I have macros that need to make
changes to the headers and footers. Also, once protected, the undo's get
lost. Is there another way that I do not know of?

Basically I need to strictly lockdown the Toolbars and Keyboard commands,
and not have users try to figure out ways around it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kckc

template is in word 2000, however we will be upgrading to word 2003 soon.
thanks for your help.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

If you have Word 2003 you can code CommandBars.disableCustomize to stop the
dialog being available via all the different routes. With earlier versions
it's nigh impossible.

--
Enjoy,
Tony