Bill

Default Find and Replace

Hello
I have a document that I need to add a registered trademark to a name that
occurs many times. I can't figure out to get the trademark to go in the
space where I type in the replacement. Any help?

Thanks.

Bill

Pam

Bill, this worked for me:

Create the company name with the TM (the way you want it to be) somewhere in
the document. Then copy that and paste it into the "Replace with" box of the
Find and Replace dialog box. Then click on Replace or Replace All.

Pam

"Bill" wrote:

Hello
I have a document that I need to add a registered trademark to a name that
occurs many times. I can't figure out to get the trademark to go in the
space where I type in the replacement. Any help?

Thanks.

Bill

TF

Note that you must use Ctrl+V to paste in the Find & Replace dialog because
the Toolbar buttons don't work there.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Pam" wrote in message
: Bill, this worked for me:
:
: "Bill" wrote:
:
: Hello
: I have a document that I need to add a registered trademark to a name
that
: occurs many times. I can't figure out to get the trademark to go in the
: space where I type in the replacement. Any help?
:
: Thanks.
:
: Bill
:
:
:

Klaus Linke

Hi Bill,

If you know the code of the =E2=84=A2 character (Unicode hex 2122 =3D =
decimal 8482, or old Windows code page decimal 153), you can also use =
Alt+8482 or Alt+0153 to put it in "Replace with" (or into any dialog, =
and many other programs).

You can get both codes if you select the character and open the "Insert =
Symbol" dialog (though it'll only show the hexadecimal Unicode which =

you would need to convert to decimal yourself).

Greetings,
Klaus

"Graham Mayor" wrote:
Copy it to the clipboard and type ^c in the Replace with box
See also http://www.gmayor.com/Autotext_replace.htm
=20
--=20

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
=20

=20
=20

"Bill" wrote:

Hello
I have a document that I need to add a registered trademark to a
name that
occurs many times. I can't figure out to get the trademark to go
in the space where I type in the replacement. Any help?

Thanks.

Bill

=20

Problem with function "Find and Replace" in Word. Pat Microsoft Word Help 3 March 16th 05 01:04 PM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM
Find and Replace Locks Up Word Karine Rivet Formatting Long Documents 1 January 22nd 05 06:21 AM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM
find and replace symbols Tewodaj New Users 8 January 11th 05 02:22 AM