Grd

Default Autotext does not work in a form field

Hi,

I've created a form using the forms toolbar and have text field. When
someone types a date for example August the normal autotext prompt for the
date comes up for example August 21, 2005 will come up in yellow. Normally
when you are in an ordinary document you can press enter for this to complete.

However in a text field (on a protected form) pressing enter doesn't
complete the date.

I've got to fix this because my boss is complaining about it.

Anyone have any suggestions or perhaps a fix to this problem.

Thanks in advance

Grd
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R3Jk?=,

I've created a form using the forms toolbar and have text field. When
someone types a date for example August the normal autotext prompt for the
date comes up for example August 21, 2005 will come up in yellow. Normally
when you are in an ordinary document you can press enter for this to complete.

However in a text field (on a protected form) pressing enter doesn't
complete the date.

The long and the short of it is: AutoText doesn't function in form fields.

AutoCorrect will, within certain limits. Conceivably, you could create
AutoCorrect entries for some of the AutoText your boss uses... BUT, the date
thing you mention is NOT an AutoText entry, it's a "special thing". You might
need to create a macro to insert the date for him. Or, if this is the "body" of
a letter (or memo, or whatever), make this an unprotected section so that more
of Word's functionality is available when working in this area.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)