Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
davpet davpet is offline

Default Inserted Graphic Question

Greetings All.

I am a newbie to MS Word and would really appreciate your help. I am
running the following, MS Word 2003, Win XP. My problem is as such.

In a document that I am working on I have a graphic that is inserted on my
last page. However when I print the document that same graphic is printed on
the first page in amongst the text and the last page.

I am not wanting the graphic printed on the first page, now this is the
complication for me.

When I am working on the document there is no graphic on the first page that
I can see and neither does it appear when I do a print preview, only when I
print.

How can I get rid of this unwanted printed graphic on the first page. Even
under Reveal formatting I am not seen anyhting that indicates the graphic is
there.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is this a document that has been converted from another wordprocessor
format? If so you should be able to access it by running the script editor
(ALT+SHIFT+F11) and searching through the file for any references to the
image.

If not, then it may be the document is corrupt. Select all of it but the
final paragraph mark (display formatting comands CTRL+*) and copy and paste
to a new document.

As a matter of course checkout
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

davpet wrote:
Greetings All.

I am a newbie to MS Word and would really appreciate your help. I am
running the following, MS Word 2003, Win XP. My problem is as such.

In a document that I am working on I have a graphic that is inserted
on my last page. However when I print the document that same graphic
is printed on the first page in amongst the text and the last page.

I am not wanting the graphic printed on the first page, now this is
the complication for me.

When I am working on the document there is no graphic on the first
page that I can see and neither does it appear when I do a print
preview, only when I print.

How can I get rid of this unwanted printed graphic on the first page.
Even under Reveal formatting I am not seen anyhting that indicates
the graphic is there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
davpet davpet is offline

Greetings Graham.

Thank you for your reply, a man of experience I see, knowing how to ask the
right questions, Yes you are correct it has been converted from Word Perfect
10, my apologies for omitting it.

I am trying to go Alt+Shift+F11 to run the script editor however nothing
seems to happen when I do that command, all at the same time.

Further input would be appreciated.

Thank you
Dave

davpet wrote:
Greetings All.

I am a newbie to MS Word and would really appreciate your help. I am
running the following, MS Word 2003, Win XP. My problem is as such.

In a document that I am working on I have a graphic that is inserted
on my last page. However when I print the document that same graphic
is printed on the first page in amongst the text and the last page.

I am not wanting the graphic printed on the first page, now this is
the complication for me.

When I am working on the document there is no graphic on the first
page that I can see and neither does it appear when I do a print
preview, only when I print.

How can I get rid of this unwanted printed graphic on the first page.
Even under Reveal formatting I am not seen anyhting that indicates
the graphic is there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I wonder if the HTML script editor is included with all versions of Office
2003?
Occasionally with converted documents strange anomalies creep in.
Did you try the second suggestion?
You could also try opening the document in WordPad, which will strip a lot
of extraneous stuff (and sometimes stuff you want). If that works and the
document still resembles the original save with anew name and open in Word.
If all else fails, send me the document via the link on my web site and I
will have a look at it.

davpet wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
davpet davpet is offline

Thank you for your continued help Graham.

I have managed to find the Microsoft Script Editor if I go to Tools, Macro,
however the Script Editor is greyed out, it remains greyed out even after
opening a document, or the document in question.

I have also downloaded the the file from Microsofts website and installed it
again, it still continues to be grayed out.

I do not understand why this is the case.

Your help will continued to be appreciated in this regard.

davpet wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Dave,

To answer Graham's question g. The MS Script Editor is included with all of the Office 2003 products, but it's an optional
advanced feature installation item from the MS Office listing in Add/Remove programs in the Windows control panel.

It can coexist with the more fully featured/implemented copy from the MS Website, but it generally needs to be installed via Office
for it to 'hook' to the pre-2007 versions (it's cut off from connecting in Word 2007).

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

label with graphic Chris New Users 2 August 27th 06 09:51 AM
change floating graphic to inline graphic Stressed in Tampa Microsoft Word Help 0 June 23rd 06 01:36 AM
Another Graphic Editing Question SNF Microsoft Word Help 0 June 19th 06 02:32 PM
I cannot select a graphic inserted at the beginning of a table okscout Page Layout 1 September 9th 05 10:39 PM
Adding a graphic Dumb Bunny New Users 1 March 2nd 05 10:50 AM