Don Keating

Default Hyperlink from an image does not turn into a hand

When I make a htm file with Word XP containing an image which is a hyperlink,
the browser does not change the mouse to a hand when I hover over it. Any
suggestions?

In Word 2002 and 2003, by default you must press Ctrl and click to follow a
hyperlink. If you have ScreenTips enabled, you should be seeing a ScreenTip
to that effect. This behavior was intended to make it easier to edit
hyperlinked text, but you can change it on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

"Don Keating" wrote in message
When I make a htm file with Word XP containing an image which is a

hyperlink,
the browser does not change the mouse to a hand when I hover over it. Any
suggestions?

Don Keating

Thanks for your interest in the question.

Yes, that works fine in Word, but when the user views the page from the web
using a browser such as Internet Explorer I would like the cursor to turn to
a hand automaticaly so they know there is a link associated with the image.
Frontpage does it ok but Word dosent.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you read what the ScreenTip says? If you press Ctrl and hover over the
hyperlink, you will get a hand.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Word 2002 and 2003, by default you must press Ctrl and click to

follow a
hyperlink. If you have ScreenTips enabled, you should be seeing a

ScreenTip
to that effect. This behavior was intended to make it easier to edit
hyperlinked text, but you can change it on the Edit tab of Tools |

Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Don Keating" wrote in message
When I make a htm file with Word XP containing an image which is a
hyperlink,
the browser does not change the mouse to a hand when I hover over it.

Any
suggestions?

The hyperlink should function normally when the page is opened in a browser,
unless the browser opens it in Word. Word is a lousy Web page editor; if you
have FP, why are you using Word?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Word 2002 and 2003, by default you must press Ctrl and click to

follow a
hyperlink. If you have ScreenTips enabled, you should be seeing a

ScreenTip
to that effect. This behavior was intended to make it easier to edit
hyperlinked text, but you can change it on the Edit tab of Tools |

Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Don Keating" wrote in

message

Don Keating wrote:
When I make a htm file with Word XP containing an image which is a

hyperlink,
the browser does not change the mouse to a hand when I hover over it.

Any
suggestions?

I had the same problem... Here's what I found thanks to Bob Buckland.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...f b454e0d115d

"The hyperlinks work, but the 'hand pointer' only
works if you use File=Save as web page=Filtered
from Word 2002 or 2003. Be sure to save your original
file as a .DOC first so you'll have a full version
to edit later as the filtered version can remove
content not supported in browsers"

-Justin

Word Resizes Image Tushar Manik Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 13 05:14 AM
Hyperlink bug Jimbo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 1st 05 07:15 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 10:55 PM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 04:01 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 01:31 PM