On The Edge

Default Why is the 2003 version so impossible to use?

While attempting to update my resume using a disk, I found that the program
does what it wants and deletes bullets amoung many other very basics. Now I
find that for some reason, page 1 with my name and address/contact info
prints on one page and is virtually empty down till page 2 shows my
experience. No matter what I tried, I cannot get page 1 to include my work
experience, etc...Now my resume is virtually unuseable. I like the Office
2000 much better. Any one else have this problem?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Nope. Never had that problem.

Then again, your question seems to suggest that you might've edited your
resume directly from a floppy disk, which is something else I never do,
since it's a leading cause of document corruption. The "best practices"
method is to copy the file from floppy to your hard drive and edit it from
the hard drive. This has been true for every version of Word for Windows.
Early versions of Word for DOS were the only versions of Word I've
encountered where editing directly from a floppy was okay.

If you've corrupted the document on the disk, then recovery is unlikely. You
might check to see if you have a backup copy.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"On The Edge" On The wrote in message
While attempting to update my resume using a disk, I found that the
program
does what it wants and deletes bullets amoung many other very basics. Now
find that for some reason, page 1 with my name and address/contact info
prints on one page and is virtually empty down till page 2 shows my
experience. No matter what I tried, I cannot get page 1 to include my
work
experience, etc...Now my resume is virtually unuseable. I like the Office
2000 much better. Any one else have this problem?

On The Edge

You are correct! While my neighbor "tried" updating her resume, she did not
listen to me when I told her to save it to my hard drive. She left very
unhappy with herself. Thanks!